HP Pavilion DV4-1430US 14.1-Inch Entertainment Laptop

HP Pavilion DV4-1430US 14.1-Inch Entertainment Laptop

This day I'll introduce you about HP Pavilion DV4-1430US 14.1-Inch Entertainment Laptop Yes, I think that interesting .

BuZZ from Customer Shopping

Amazing!4
Before buying this laptop I had bought one from Gateway and it gave me so many problems that I couldn't stand it. I returned it to the store and my only other option for the same price was this laptop. I absolutely love it! Its 100x sturdier than the Gateway and much better looking with its lightup "HP" symbol and cool design. Also, the performance is just as good.

PROS
-durability
-style
-speed
-price
-hardware
-audio quality(high definition)
-ports (HDMI, eSATA, VGA, USB)
-comes with a remote
-battery life (over 2 hours of heavy use)

CONS
-runs hot
-seems to be a little buggy (video card driver crashes every once in a while but recovers itself after a few seconds. Reinstalling driver didn't fix the problem)
-there is no program that comes with the computer or from HP that allows the webcam settings to be changed (resolution, quality, etc)


Overall I LOVE this laptop though and I'm glad that I bought it regardless of its flaws. The value is amazing!
-

Bad Omen!2
Well, how to start....
The specs on this quaint little laptop are pretty nice for the price. I've never owned an HP and I was debating between the DV4-1430US and the Toshiba Satellite A505-6973. Both had similar specs, the Toshiba with a bigger hard drive. But I'm a sucker for the 14" laptops for their mobility. I must say that I didn't actually purchase the HP from Amazon. I got it from another retailer because of a lower sale price. So, out of the box, this is an attractive little unit. Light weight yet sturdy. Basic functions are quick. I'd heard that HPs ran a bit hot and that this model was not an exception. But I didn't find it to run quite as hot as my previous laptop that is only a year old (gave it to my nephew - that's why I bought this one). Anyway, for the basics: internet, writing papers, doing some programming - it was fine.

Here's where the review goes downhill and the reason for only 2 stars.

Never got a chance to really test the "entertainment value" of the DV4-1430US. My keyboard stopped working. Wouldn't respond to anything. Luckily, I was within the time frame to return it to the store and did so immediately. Exchanged it for another - same model. By the second day of having the new one, definitely noticed that the hard drive was running very loud. I'm an IT Systems technician for a large company and while some people may not really notice the loud hard drive, I recognized it right away as something that would wreak havoc very soon. Because I have another week to return it to the store, I've hung onto it to get a chance to "window" shop for another because I'm definitely not returning it for the same model. Well, guess what....? Blue Screen of Death tonight. So, I'm pretty much guessing that's my queue to figuring out whether an HP is right for me. Too bad. They have some nice looking laptops.

Will probably go with the Toshiba. Amazon still has it for a nice price and I'm a big Toshiba fan. Guess I should learn to stick with what I know works.

Perfect Laptop For Me5
I've had this laptop for 3 weeks now and no problems except that I can't get the scroll bar on the track pad to work. I did a clean install of Windows 7 RC 64-Bit and this laptop runs like a champ!! Those with performance issues are probably due to the combination of Vista and all the bloatware HP installs. I've got this laptop humming!! Highly recommend it. Very light and portable with good battery life. HDMI out looked pretty good on a 52" LCD TV. Probably would look perfect on something a little smaller like a 32" 1080P monitor. Great bang for the buck with this one!

About HP Pavilion DV4-1430US 14.1-Inch Entertainment Laptop detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #95 in Personal Computers
  • Color: White
  • Brand: Hewlett-Packard
  • Model: NU985UA#ABA
  • Dimensions: 1.57" h x 9.45" w x 13.15" l, 5.08 pounds
  • CPU: Intel Core Duo 2.1 Hz
  • Memory: 4000MB DDR2 SDRAM
  • Hard Disk: 320GB
  • Processors: 2
  • Display size: 14.1

Features

  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6500, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
  • 4 GB DDR2 RAM (2 Dimm) (8 GB Maximum)
  • 320GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA), SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with LightScribe and Double Layer Support
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1
  • 14.1 inch Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

HP Pavilion DV4-1430US 14.1-Inch Entertainment Laptop Description

UNSURPASSED STYLE: Expanding on the sophisticated elegance of the current line, the new dv series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes with surprising innovations inside and out. The dv4 series Imprint pattern provides interesting contrast to the liquid appearance of the metallic finish. And touch media controls light up and become visible only when the system is powered on further enhancing the clean appearance. HP¿s mobile products have won coveted International Red Dot, iF and CES Innovation design awards and been recognized by other leading design institutions. MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT: Providing more choices than ever, HP MediaSmart enables access to DVDs, videos, photos, music, and nternet TV at the touch of a button. Get access to watch the best video clips from Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and MTV. Built-in demos show you how to add music to your slide shows or videos with drag-and-drop functionality ¿ and much more. An HDMI port enables you to watch films on an HD TV. Muvee Reveal makes creating films complete with effects and transitions a snap! Extras include dual headphone jacks and an HP Mobile Remote Control. It¿s time to play! What's in the box: dv4-1430us laptop, 65W AC Adapter, 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 with 60 days complimentary live update, Microsoft Works, HP MediaSmart. Muvee Reveal, Cyberlink DVD Suite, Adobe Acrobat Reader and HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent.


Have a COOL !
Cheers